Today I’m talking to Lisa Hendrickson-Jack, Fertility Awareness Educator, Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner and host of the Fertility Friday podcast. In this episode, we talk about the fertility awareness method, how hormonal birth control really affects our hormonal health, the long history of suppressing the feminine and how reclaiming the power of our menstrual cycles is key to dismantling the patriarchy.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- Lisa’s experience with hormonal birth control and how it led her to become a holistic reproductive health practitioner
- What is Fertility Awareness
- The three main fertile signs: cervical mucus, basal body temperature and cervical positioning
- How hormonal birth control really affects our hormonal health, both when we’re on it and transitioning back to natural cycles
- Using your menstrual cycle as a diagnostic tool for what’s out of balance in your health and life
- Do we really need to have periods?
- Our culture’s long history of suppressing the feminine
- The power of the menstrual cycle and why reclaiming that power is key to dismantling the patriarchy
Connect with Lisa + Fertility Friday:
Fertility Awareness 101 Video Series
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Cunt: A Declaration of Independence, Inga Muscio
Fertility Friday Podcast #106 with Nora Pope
Heavy Flow Episode 21 with Lara Briden
Heavy Flow Episode 11 with Holly Grigg-Spall
Fertility Friday Podcast #173 with Lara Owen
Heavy Flow Episode 16 with Clare Kenty
I receive an affiliate commission from some of the links above.
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird