Today I’m talking to Nicole Jardim, a Certified Women’s Health Coach, aka The Period Girl. Nicole and I discuss amenorrhea — the absence of menstruation and some of the possible causes, hormone testing, nutrition and lifestyle changes to help promote ovulation and regulate your period.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
This episode of Heavy Flow is supported by The DIY Podcast Launch Coaching & Guide, my step-by-step guide to taking your podcast from idea to iTunes.
What we discussed:
- How Nicole’s own period and birth control experience led her to become the Period Girl
- What is amenorrhea and some of the possible causes
- The effects of internal and external stress on your menstrual cycle
- Why getting enough calories and nutrition is key for menstrual health
- Which hormones you’re going to want to get tested if you have amenorrhea
- Diet and lifestyle changes that will support ovulation and help your period return
- Aligning with the moon cycle to promote regularity
- How exercise helps and hinders our hormonal health
- Your period and key supplements after hormonal birth control
Connect with Nicole:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
The effect of antibiotics on your period
Episode 21 – What does a normal period look like with Dr Lara Briden
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird