Melissa Ramos, the founder of Sexy Food Therapy, joins me to talk about why digestion is key to hormonal health, nutritional guidelines for healthy hormones and answers the age-old question: what’s the deal with period poops?
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- How Melissa went from her career in advertising to running Sexy Food Therapy
- Reframing self-care as self-parenting
- The link between stress and hormonal health
- What your digestion has to do with your period and hormones
- The two phases of liver detoxification and why it’s the key to hormonal health
- Setting and enforcing boundaries
- The differences between blood, urine and saliva hormone testing
- A few nutritional guidelines for healthy hormones
- What causes period poops
- How to promote progesterone production
Connect with Melissa:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
The Period Repair Manual
Question Period: Should I eat soy?
Question Period: What happened when I got hooked on soy lattes?
Giddy Yo Yo
I receive an affiliate commission from some of the links above. This helps to support Heavy Flow at no extra cost to you!
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird