This week on the show I’m talking to Mary Wong, a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner and author of Pathways to Pregnancy. We talk about fertility, integrating conventional and holistic fertility treatments, the importance of being open and why Mary is a fierce advocate for fertility awareness.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
This episode of Heavy Flow is supported by bebo mia inc, a training and mentorship organization for women in the maternal health field. Register for their new Fertility Specialist Certification and save 25% when you use promo code HEAVYFLOW before May 30.
What we discussed:
- How listening to Mary’s story influenced my own work as a holistic nutritionist following my traumatic birth experience
- Mary’s path to becoming a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner
- How conventional and holistic approaches to fertility differ
- Mary’s personal fertility journey and how it changed how she approaches her work with clients
- The importance of the menstrual cycle in TCM
- Why we need to be open to options and avoid judging others on their fertility journey
- Why Mary is an advocate for fertility awareness
Connect with Mary:
Alive Holistic Health Clinic
Pathways to Pregnancy: Personal stories and practical advice for your fertility journey
Resources mentioned in this episode:
The Magic of Menstruation Workshop
Fertility Friday Podcast Episode 096
Canadian Fertility & Andrology Society
American Society for Reproductive Medicine
Lena Dunham on her decision to have a hysterectomy
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird