Today I’m talking to Carinne Chambers-Saini, CEO and co-founder of Diva International. We talk about the business of menstruation, the challenges Carinne and her team faced growing Diva Cup, why mainstream distribution was so important to their vision and the role menstrual product manufacturers play in menstrual equity.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- How Diva Cup got it’s start
- The challenges Carinne and her team faced growing Diva Cup
- Why being on-shelf in major drug-stores was integral to Diva’s vision
- The importance of the environment and sustainability when it comes to Diva’s mission
- The role of menstrual product manufacturers in menstrual equity
Connect with Carinne + Diva Cup:
Diva Cup on Twitter
Carinne Chambers-Saini on Twitter
Diva Cup on Instagram
Diva Cup on Facebook
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Register for the Breast Feeding Cafe – June 5th
Register for the Magic of Menstruation Workshop – June 20th
Question Period: What are the best menstrual products to use?
Question Period: How do I choose a menstrual product?
Whitewash: Exposing the Health and Environmental Dangers of Women’s Sanitary Products and Disposable Diapers
28 Days Lighter
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird