Today I’m talking to Josh Gitalis, a clinical nutritionist and functional medicine practitioner, about how to understand our own blood work and why it’s important.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- How Josh came to be a nutritionist and functional medicine practitioner
- What is functional medicine?
- Where to start when learning to read your own bloodwork
- The difference between lab ranges and optimal ranges
- How to talk to your doctor to request testing and blood work
- Using your knowledge about your own bloodwork to advocate for yourself
- Why figuring out what works for you is the best health advice
- Testing for thyroid issues and the test your doctor may be missing
Connect with Josh:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Register for the Magic of Menstruation Workshop – June 20th
Why You Should Own Copies of Your Blood Work And How to Read The Results
Lab Tests Online
Your Blood Never Lies
Josh’s Facebook live on thyroid health
Advanced Clinical Focus Course: Hormones and Endocrinology
Diagnosing UTI’s a ‘dog’s breakfast’ and it’s affecting women
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird