Today I’m talking to Shirley Weir, founder of MenopauseChicks.com, all about THE CHANGE! Shirley and I talk about what perimenopause and menopause really mean, the way our culture treats older women, hormone therapy and what we can do in our thirties and forties to set us up for great health during perimenopause and beyond.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
This episode of Heavy Flow is supported by bebo mia inc, a training and mentorship organization for women in the maternal health field. Register for their new Fertility Specialist Certification and support the 1 in 10 that struggles with fertility.
What we discussed:
- How Menopause Chicks started
- The difference between menopause and perimenopause
- When “menopausal” is used as an insult and the stereotypical portrayals of menstruation and menopause
- Taking care of midlife women & the gap in our health education protocols
- Unlearning the myths of menopause
- The importance of hormones in our daily lives
- Positively reframing menopause and life beyond
- What we can do to ease the perimenopause experience
- The difference between “common” and “normal”
- Hormone therapy as an individual decision
Connect with Shirley:
Private Online Community
Resources mentioned in this episode:
My Life So Far, Jane Fonda
Good and Mad, Rebecca Traister
I receive an affiliate commission from some of the links above.
Subscribe & leave a review:
Sign up for my newsletter and never miss a cycle!
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Produced by: TK Matunda
Music credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird