This week I’m talking to Clare Knox, founder of See Her Thrive. Clare and I discuss her experience with PMDD and how it affected her work, how reproductive health is a barrier in the workplace, menstrual leave and how getting to know our cycles and honouring our hormones can actually help to optimize our productivity.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
This episode is supported by LunaPads, makers of smart, sustainable alternatives to disposable menstrual products.
Visit Lunapads.com to find out why we love them and use code HEAVYFLOW for 15% off any order.
What we discussed:
- Clare’s experience with Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) and how it led her to start See Her Thrive
- What is PMDD
- Why reproductive health should be a workplace issue beyond access to menstrual products
- How women are penalized for reproductive health in the workplace
- Why menstrual leave isn’t the silver bullet for solving these issue
- The surprising barrier to advancing education and policies around reproductive health in the workplace
- How we can use our hormones to optimize our work and productivity
Connect with Clare:
Subscribe & leave a review:
Sign up for my newsletter and never miss a cycle!
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Produced by: TK Matunda
Music credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird