We’re replaying the Best of Heavy Flow while we’re on hiatus over the summer! Subscribe to Heavy Flow on your favourite podcast player and sign-up for my weekly newsletter to get new episodes when we’re back in the fall.
Today I’m talking to Samantha Zipporah, a holistic sexual health educator, activist, & advocate. We talk about holistic abortion care, the value of the uterus beyond childbearing, saying no to say yes and the healing power of orgasm.
CW: abortion, miscarriage
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- How Samantha’s work inspired the Heavy Flow Podcast!
- Reframing all pregnancy outcomes as “pregnancy release”
- Supporting physical, spiritual and emotional healing after an abortion and why the approach should be the same regardless of how the pregnancy was released
- How the technocratic method of medical care differs from holistic care
- Harnessing the vital life force of our uterus and acknowledging the sacred yes
- Why body literacy and education are keys to a positive termination experience for patients and care providers
- The healing power of orgasm
Connect with Samantha:
Support Samantha on Patreon
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Episode 16: Womb Wellness with Clare Kenty
The Red School
Mantak Chia + Ovarian Kung Fu
Feminist Current Podcast: Toward reproductive sovereignty, not reproductive rights
Holistic Abortion Aftercare Zine
I receive an affiliate commission from some of the links above.
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird