We’re replaying the Best of Heavy Flow while we’re on hiatus over the summer! Subscribe to Heavy Flow on your favourite podcast player and sign-up for my weekly newsletter to get new episodes when we’re back in the fall.
Today I’m talking to Abby Norman, author of Ask Me About My Uterus. We discuss Abby’s experience with painful periods and endometriosis, how women’s pain has been normalized in our culture, and the changing period narrative and why pain needs to be a part of that conversation.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- Abby’s early experience with painful periods
- The debilitating pain that changed her life forever
- Our culture of discounting and disregarding women’s pain
- How we prime young women for a lifetime of pain
- The importance of discussing pain in the new period conversation
Connect with Abby:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Ask Me About My Uterus
Call Your Girlfriend
I receive an affiliate commission from some of the links above. This helps to support Heavy Flow at no extra cost to you!
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird