If you’re interested in using Fertility Awareness for birth control, you might be wondering what your options are for birth control during your fertile window. Ashley Hartman Annis, a fertility awareness educator and full spectrum doula in training, joins me to talk all things barrier methods.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- Benefits and risks associated with barrier methods of birth control including condoms, diaphragms, cervical caps, and sponges
- Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about spermicide: what it is, how does it affect your cervical fluid, natural and DIY options (use at your own risk!)
- Using barrier methods within the context of Fertility Awareness
- Who is responsible for birth control in a relationship?
- Tips for finding condoms that work for you and your partner
Connect with Ashley:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Femcamp cervical cap
Anneres Health – Canadian distributor of Caya and Femcamp
Natural MD Radio: Why condoms are a women’s issue
Natural spermicide options: Neem, homemade spermicide recipe,
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird