We’re replaying the Best of Heavy Flow while we’re on hiatus over the summer! Subscribe to Heavy Flow on your favourite podcast player and sign-up for my weekly newsletter to get new episodes when we’re back in the fall.
Today I’m talking to Tasha Jade, founder of Daily Magic, about her experience with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome, a condition that causes the vagina and uterus to be underdeveloped or absent. We discuss Tasha’s MRKH experience, gender identity and wax on “what makes a woman?”
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
Heavy Flow is supported by Baby Mama Fitness, helping new Mamas get their old fitness back in a Body Positive environment. 15% with code HEAVYFLOW on any Baby Mama Fitness services.
WooWoo Laboratory makes hand-crafted wellness and body care products that reconnect you with the cycles and rhythms of nature. Use code HEAVYFLOW for 15% off your order!
What we discussed:
- What is Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome
- How MRKH shows up in Tasha’s body and how she was diagnosed
- Heteronormative treatment options for those with MRKH
- How being diagnosed with MRKH made Tasha question gender and sexuality
- The tension between Tasha’s Catholic upbringing and treatment; and how her diagnosis shaped her spiritual journey
- Gender-identity and what makes a woman?
Connect with Tasha:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Register for the Breast Feeding Cafe – June 5th
Register for the Magic of Menstruation Workshop – June 20th
Heavy Flow Episode 17 with Bianca Sprague
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird