We’re replaying the Best of Heavy Flow while we’re on hiatus over the summer! Subscribe to Heavy Flow on your favourite podcast player and sign-up for my weekly newsletter to get new episodes when we’re back in the fall.
Today I’m talking to Sarah Barmak, author of Closer: Notes from the Orgasmic Frontier of Female Sexuality. In this episode, we talk about orgasms, how our culture informs female sexuality and consent.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
What we discussed:
- How female and male sexuality is hardwired in our brains
- What is an orgasm and why do we have them?
- How our culture affects female sexuality
- The broad spectrum of female orgasms including external, cervical and uterine orgasms
- Is the vagina an absence or a presence?
- Your amazing cervix!
- The benefits of exploratory pleasure
- Consent in the age of #MeToo
Connect with Sarah:
- Sarah’s Tedx Talk – Women’s Sexuality Isn’t ‘Complicated’
- Closer: Notes From the Orgasmic Frontier of Female Sexuality
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 4 – Cycle Syncing with Gabrielle Lichterman
- Emily Nagoski
- The Dirty Normal
- Carly Boyce
- What Consent Means in the Age of #MeToo
I receive an affiliate commission from some of the links above.
Subscribe & leave a review:
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Music Credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird